This review is from: Schecter Damien Elite-8 Eight String Electric Guitar - Crimson RedThis is the first 8-string guitar I have owned, so I was not exactly sure how it would feel with the longer scale. I have played 7-strings for years, so I was already accustomed to a wider neck, but this is a monster. If you are coming from a 6-string, this might give you a bit of a problem for a while, as the neck is considerably wider than you will find on your standard guitar, and the scale is longer. Once you get used to the scale and the neck width, you will be in love.Scale forms are more logical on the 8-string than the 7-string, as you are dealing with an even number of strings again. I found modal and scalar playing to be more intuitive with the move from 7 to 8 strings than from 6 to 7, because of the even number of strings. If you play your scales and modes in three-finger box configurations, you will find the 8-string guitar to be very easy to master.The finish on this guitar is beautiful and the quilt is amazing. I cannot say enough about how great this guitar looks in person, as it is a lot better than expected. Many times you will see a picture of an instrument on the instrument and the one you end up with doesn't look as good, as they take pictures of the best looking example. This is not the case here. This guitar is absolutely beautiful.The action on this guitar was wonderful from the factory. I have a strobe tuner and always set my guitars up myself, but this one came perfectly intoned and the action was perfect, barring the high B string, which had slight buzz. The buzz was simple to correct and the rest of the instrument was just about perfect straight from the factory. There is NO buzz on the low F# or B string and they both sound very clear and the tension is good.Now for the ONE negative on this instrument.This instrument has a bolt-on neck and the neck joint is moderately thick and cumbersome. It is quite difficult to play leads in the highest register due to this issue. For this reason, I bought another 8-string with a set neck, the Schecter Hellraiser C-8 Electric Guitar (Black Cherry). The neck-through configuration makes it much easier to reach the highest register comfortably. This is not an issue if you are a rhythm player and will not be using the highest register, so this only concerns you if you will be using the highest frets. The Damien Elite-8 is absolutely PERFECT for anyone playing rhythms and you will be VERY pleased with it.If you are going to play lead, I suggest the Schecter Hellraiser C-8 Electric Guitar (Black Cherry) instead....
This review is from: Schecter Damien Elite-8 Eight String Electric Guitar - Crimson RedThis thing rips. Very well. I was squeeling like a schoolgirl when this thing came in the mail packed super nice into millions of boxes. Theres only two things I dont like about this guitar. The bolt on neck, and the fact that i cant marry it.everything on the guitar is spectacular, except the neck joint is on the fat side not letting you hit all 24 frets as easy as you might want to. Otherwise this guitar is solid. performing, and recording. I gave it a 4 only because of the neck, and that id like more of a string through bridge....
Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information

»»»Visit Store NOW...
Best price click here

